So the Story Goes - A World of Adventure (Fate)
Years ago¸ the Storytellers kept the history of the Northlands¸ passing it along through story and song. They taught farmers to build¸ children to laugh¸ and leaders to rule. They reminded people of the failures of the past to ensure the successes of the future. Then the Tyrant came¸ and they spoke against her. She retaliated. Eventually¸ the people of the Northlands rose up to defeat her¸ but the Storytellers had already been eradicated.
Now that the world is rebuilt¸ a few brave souls have picked up lutes and pipes¸ becoming the next generation of Storytellers. You are one of them. Together¸ you'll walk the old roads¸ recover the lost wisdom of your ancestors¸ and ensure that another Tyrant will never rise again in So the Story Goes¸ a Fate World of Adventure by Don Bisdorf.
So the Story Goes requires Fate Core to play. This 50-page supplement includes:
- Aspects¸ skills¸ and stunts designed for playing storytellers¸ musicians¸ and artists in Fate
- New systems to put the emphasis on social skills and performance¸ including the use of Petitions to influence people and Storycrafting to create new permanent aspects
- Sample NPCs to easily populate your game
- Detailed information on the Northlands and specific locations to fuel your plot and your characters' stories
- A starter scenario: The Fortress of Virtue
So the Story Goes. Walk the road and tell your tale.
The Fate Adventures & Worlds line provides compact¸ rich¸ affordable¸ gorgeous settings with a ready-to-go adventure for GMs in a pinch. Buy one this afternoon¸ be ready to run this evening.