Loose Threads - A World of Adventure (Fate)
On the edges of fairy tales live members of the Company-collateral damage from someone else's Happily Ever After.
Maybe their fairy godmother got lost on the way¸ or they failed to solve the riddle¸ or their siblings forgot to save them before riding off into the sunset. Now Company members live on the edges of tales and travel the In-Betweens¸ helping others like them who need rescuing from ogres¸ reversing of curses¸ and freedom from the evil clutches of bandits. People who the stories have forgotten. It's difficult work¸ and every story must end eventually.
How will yours turn out?
Will you be a dashing damsel¸ a prince in distress¸ a charming witch¸ or something else new and interesting that breaks the mold? Find out in Loose Threads by Tara Zuber.
Loose Threads requires Fate Core to play. This 42-page supplement includes:
- New aspect categories¸ including the Heart's Desire¸ to create characters worthy of a fairy tale
- A scaled tension aspect that allows characters to slide between two dueling ideas¸ states¸ or desires
- A system for fairy tale favors-a new kind of boost
- Ideas on how to create a fairy tale story in a non-traditional setting like a space station or a high school
- A phase trio character creation adventure-Mr. Fox-and a sample adventure-Pecked to Death
Everyone has a tale to tell in Loose Threads. What's yours?
The Fate Adventures & Worlds line provides compact¸ rich¸ affordable¸ gorgeous settings with a ready-to-go adventure for GMs in a pinch. Buy one this afternoon¸ be ready to run this evening.