Freeport Companion (FATE) (Fate)
Welcome to the Fate Freeport Companion! For over a decade¸ Freeport has stood as one of fantasy gaming's most distinctive cities. Home to pirates¸ foul cults¸ terrifying monsters¸ vicious gangs¸ crime lords¸ and a whole host of corrupt politicians¸ Freeport is a dynamic setting¸ offering a unique blend of high adventure and cosmic horror. Inside these packed covers¸ you'll find:
- Rules design by noted Fate authorities Brian Engard ( Bulldogs!¸ Fate Core ) and Clark Valentine ( Dresden Files RPG¸ Leverage: The Roleplaying Game¸ Fate Accelerated ).
- A new skill system for Fate that utilizes six base skills: Strength¸ Dexterity¸ Constitution¸ Intelligence¸ Wisdom¸ and Charisma.
- A brand-new magic system that melds classic fantasy RPG flavor with Fate rules.
- An all-new insanity and madness system to evoke the popular Lovecraftian overtones of the City of Adventure.
- Rules for using weapons¸ armor¸ magic items¸ and even firearms!
- Fate stats for Freeport monsters¸ including the freakish blemmyae and the dreaded burnlings.
- Details on the core races and how they fit in the city¸ as well as rules for implementing player character race in Fate.
- Statistics for over 75 key characters described in The Pirate's Guide to Freeport including heroic allies such as Buster Wallace and K'Stallo and terrible villains including Red Alice¸ Prendag the High Death¸ and Kothar the Accursed.
- Fury in Freeport: A new adventure to help you launch a brand-new Freeport campaign!
The Fate Freeport Companion is your rules guide to exploring Green Ronin's Freeport. Whether as a daring hero looking for adventure¸ or as a Gamemaster seeking new worlds to explore¸ this sourcebook is an indispensable accessory for fans of both Freeport and the Fate System!