Exploration & Intrigue in a Strange & Wondrous Renaissance
eyond a doubt truth bears the same relation to falsehood
as light to darkness.
- Leonardo da Vinci
Note: both a hi-res and smaller low-res PDF will be provided to the purchaser.
Welcome to the alternate reality world of Asiyah. Here¸ even the most fantastic promises of the Renaissance have blossomed into realities.
Dragons soar alongside Da Vinci's flying machines¸ while wizards weave illusions as intricate as any of Machiavelli's machinations. Yet¸ under all this wonder rot grows and spreads; horrors lurk amongst not only the ancient ruins but amongst mankind and within the human heart. Noble houses and factions feud¸ reactionaries threaten to destroy all that has been built in this grand age.
Contained within these pages is
- A setting focused on an alternate reality Italy in the world of Asiyah.
- Details on several Italian cities¸ from the Floating city of Venice to Florence the City of Invention.
- Information on the strange realms of the Great Beyond¸ from The Faery to Sitra Ahra. Details on enchanted places where those other realms impinge upon Asiyah.
- 6 player character species*
- Player-character friendly rules for dragons in the Fate RPG system.
- A wealth of new stunts¸ special materials¸ weapons and optional rules.
- An improvisational magic system.
- A guide to The Red City of Bologna¸ complete with a wealth of NPCs¸ detailed locations¸ a full adventure¸ and more.
*Player species include:
- Humans¸ the elder race who now dominate the world.
- Lacerta¸ the shapeshifting scions of the dragon gods.
- Nephilim¸ born of forbidden unions between humans and the angelic grigori. Long ago the nephilim had an empire¸ remembered today commonly as Atlantis.
- Apeiron¸ children of the four elements and four humours¸ born of an alchemical experiment.
- Cambion: Cursed half-demon children of the Qliphoth.
- Therion¸ chimerical beings blessed by Echnidna (the Minotaur of legend was a therion).