13th Age Monthly Volume 1
A collection of 4000+ word PDF supplements for the 13th Age RPG ¸ with new rules systems¸ 13th Age Bestiary -style monsters¸ player character options¸ and more - gathered together for the first time¸ so you don't have to wait to get get them all.
13th Age Monthly is overseen and developed by Rob Heinsoo¸ with a stellar list of contributors that includes Jonathan Tweet¸ Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan ( The Book of Loot ¸ Eyes of the Stone Thief )¸ ASH LAW (Tales of the 13th Age) and Cal Moore ( Shadows of Eldolan ).
13th Age Monthly - Volume 1 includes the following PDFs:
- Dragon Riding ¸ by Rob Heinsoo & ASH LAW. The lethal combination of dragon and rider helped create the Dragon Empire. Now unleash the fury on your foes! Full rules for player character dragon riders appear alongside story advice for campaigns looking to add dragon-riding options. Plus¸ we've made it easy to hack the system so you can devise other styles of riding. (Anyone up for tarrasque racing?)
- Temples of the Frogfolk ¸ by Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan. The perfect gift for the player in your group who has been waiting to portray a jumpy murderous amphibian. Evil frogspawn lurk just below the threat threshold. Then the chants echo through the mist¸ the temples surface¸ and suddenly you're dead. This installment includes five froggish monsters with four racial abilities to choose from¸ thirteen reasons to be paranoid¸ toadstone treasures¸ five icon-related frogfolk temples¸ and race stats and special abilities for playing a frogfolk adventurer.
- Candles¸ Clay & Dancing Shoes ¸ by ASH LAW. Your PC has gold to burn? Spend it on something that could make everyone's lives more interesting-especially the GM! Here are six new useful¸ bizarre¸ and effective one-use magic items¸ festooned with multiple adventure hooks and campaign variants. Is that dwarf wearing a featherlight skirt beneath his kilt? If you fire an exorcist missile at a dybbuk at twilight¸ which one of you screams first? What happens to your spell list if you drink too much gnomish tinto wine (secret ingredient: grave dust)? Answers to these and 75 other magic-item related questions¸ yours for one low monthly price!
- Children of the Icons ¸ by Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan. "I'm the child of an icon." This One Unique Thing taps into one of fantasy's most powerful archetypes - and generates a huge amount of player investment in the campaign. Here¸ players will find inspiration and advice on how this deep connection can play out at the table. For GMs¸ Gareth presents four possible "children of the icons" campaigns along with two tough monsters that show how iconic parentage can be used to create interesting NPCs.
- Bonus: Make Your Own Luck ¸ the Free RPG Day starting adventure.
- Eidolons ¸ by ASH LAW. These bizarre¸ other-dimensional creatures present themselves as aspects of mortal concepts - meanwhile twisting reality into shapes that have nothing to do with mortal concepts. This comprehensive 13th Age Bestiary -style monster writeup is a gift to GMs who don't mind shaking the tree until walruses and new philosophies fall out.
- Summoning Spells ¸ by Rob Heinsoo. 13 True Ways introduced druids and necromancers as the first summoning spellcasters. Now this installment of the Monthly adds summoning spells to the wizard's spellbook and the cleric's prayer-roster! Includes rules for various summoning styles¸ stats for summoned creatures¸ and variants for campaigns with different flavors.
- Sharpe Initiatives: Earthgouger ¸ by Cal Moore. A thrill