Sweet Shub and Hella Thotep - A Breakfast Cult Expansion
In the Weird Age of the late 21st century¸ the newly-discovered occult sciences are changing the world. If you want to learn them¸ Occultar Academy is the place to go. In this secluded island school¸ talented students from all over the world can learn sorcery and occultech under the Miskatonic Foundation's watchful eye. But while the Black Library lies beneath them¸ the island isn't as secluded as they think...
Sweet Shub And Hella Thotep is an expansion pack for Breakfast Cult ¸ the Fate Accelerated game of cosmic horror and high school drama. Sweet Shub brings some of H.P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu Mythos to Occultar Academy¸ with:
- An optional alternate setting¸ that adds a little Miskatonic to Occultar's backstory.
- Five new characters: Marcy Bishop the restless artist¸ Taro Isoge the loyal Student Council lackey¸ Yvonne Legrasse the detective's daughter¸ Ambrose Quincy the sheltered jerk¸ and Lee Tillinghast the high-tech hustler.
- Four Ancient Ones drawn from the Cthulhu Mythos: Great Cthuhlu¸ Nyarlathotep (a "classic" version and their new Occultar avatar¸ Your Best Friend)¸ and Shub-Niggurath.
- Ancient One writeups for alien Incursions by the Deep Ones and Mi-Go.
- New encounters¸ including Lovecraft's Ghost¸ Eko Onbekend the Deep One prophet¸ Herbert West-Science Teacher¸ and a statistically valid sample of the Thousand Young.
The Great Old Ones are coming. To survive until your entrance exams¸ you'll need to solve mysteries¸ uncover terrible secrets¸ and find out which of your classmates are conspiring against you before it's too late!
Sweet Shub And Hella Thotep was created as a stretch goal for the Breakfast Cult Kickstarter. Thanks to the backers for making this possible!