Arecibo - A World of Adventure for Fate Core
Enter the all-too-timely world of Arecibo…
Everyone on the island knew that something was amiss when the power went out. In the municipality of Arecibo¸ frogs and crickets fell quiet¸ bringing stillness to the night. Slowly but surely¸ the children started to understand that something far worse than animals dwelled in their tropical paradise. When the island is abruptly blockaded by US Armed Forces¸ it is up to them to determine what has gone wrong when no adult will listen¸ and perhaps stop the very end of the world. In the far reaches of space¸ something stirs in response to the Arecibo message. Deep in the giant caverns of the island¸ something else answers. Stranger Things and the eldritch meets Puerto Rico in its darkest hours in Arecibo¸ a Fate World of Adventure by Nicolas Hornyak.
Arecibo requires Fate Core to play. This 43-page supplement includes:
- Streamlined rules to make young characters¸ including guidelines on appropriate aspects¸ skills¸ and stunts
- Essential background information for running games set in Arecibo¸ a city on the north coast of Puerto Rico¸ complete with drop in locations for your games
- Transmogrification rules in Fate to define the process of character change from a normal human into an instrument of eldritch power
- Alternate dimensions—and their inhabitants—reachable through Arecibo
- A complete starter adventure: The Wow Child
Author Nicolas Hornyak wrote Arecibo to honor his Puerto Rican roots in the days before Hurricane Maria¸ and Arecibo’s stories are now more relevant than ever. Evil Hat donated profits — over $1¸100 — from our 2018 sales of Arecibo to the UNIDOS Disaster Relief and Recovery Program organized by the Hispanic Federation. Thank you!
In Arecibo¸ somos fuertes. We are strong.
The Fate Adventures & Worlds line provides compact¸ rich¸ affordable¸ gorgeous settings with a ready-to-go adventure for GMs in a pinch. Buy one this afternoon¸ be ready to run this evening.