5 Minutes into the Future 1.3 - Shape-Memory Material
Horizon scanning real tech for your game
"Top notch... Solid¸ clear and extremely cool.” Meguey Baker (Lumpley Games¸ co-creator of Apocalypse World) about issue 1 of 5MF.
5MF is a zine. We scan the horizon for real-world cutting edge technologies in development right now. Each issue will present one piece of nu-tech and some ways that you can use it in your roleplaying games.?This Issue:
Issue 3 features Shape-Memeory Material (SMM). SMM is a textile that can be shaped at the micron level. It can change shape and stay that way¸ but always changes back to its remembered shape when hydrated.
Inside you'll find details of:
- how the technology works in real life¸
- how vampires¸ hunters¸ witches and magic-users all use SMM¸
- insurance investigators discussing a series of daring (linked?) heists using SMM¸
- how the future of warfare and medicine is changed by SMM¸
- a short story; 'the Origamist'¸
- hope for the future of mankind colonising a new planet using SMM¸ and...
- an apocalyptic civil war in that colony over control of dwindling SMM supplies. This led to the creation of the awful SMM-fibre bomb which shreds airways and eyes.
And lots more!
With added crunch for using the technology in your:
- 5e D20¸
- HexDNA¸ and
- Apocalypse World (PbtA) games.