The Curse of Dudleytown
Six strangers go to
In 1811¸ a small group of people travel to the gloomy community of Dudleytown in Cornwall¸ Connecticut¸ which seems to stand in the perpetual shadow of the mountains near it. Each of them has their own reasons for visiting the tiny community¸ but they soon find that rumors of a curse over the plateau upon which Dudleytown stands are more dangerous than they ever imagined. Will they be able to escape from the curse that haunts the stone-walled fields of Dudleytown ... or will it destroy them all? Be careful where you step¸ for sometimes terrible things lurk just beneath your feet.
The Curse of Dudleytown was originally written as a convention scenario but is detailed enough for home play. The scenario for Call of Cthulhu is set in the fall of 1811. With only a little modification it can be adapted to different times or places¸ for the curse lingers still. It uses slightly modified Down Darker Trails character sheets though that supplement is not required for play.
The Curse of Dudleytown includes:
- A 32-page fully-illustrated scenario set in Cornwall¸ Connecticut¸ in 1811 with information on the World and the United States¸ Connecticut¸ Litchfield County¸ Cornwall Town and communities therein¸ and Dudleytown and its inhabitants¸ as well as the final fate of the community.
- Seven black powder weapons of the era.
- Information on a unique mythos creature.
- Eight Non-Player Characters as well as stats for general townsfolk¸ cats¸ and the curse.
- Maps of Cornwall Town and Dudleytown in 1811.
- Four handouts.
- Two dozen NPC illustrations and six investigator portraits to share with the players.
- Six Pregenerated 1811 investigators.