Residue of the Past
IT'S A PERFECT PLACE TO LOOK FOR GHOSTS.
The Greely House near Monson Center¸ New Hampshire¸ has been the site of everything that's perfect for ghost hunters: black magic¸ murder¸ kidnapping¸ disappearances¸ strange lights¸ ritualistic killings¸ and even the place where several ghost hunters died or disappeared 50 years ago. What more could an up-and-coming ghost hunting organization ask for in a haunted house?
Now¸ a small group of amateur ghost-hunters with Ghostlore is going to spend the weekend at the house in hopes of getting some footage. Will any of them escape alive or is this their last assignment.
Residue of the Past was originally written as a convention scenario but is detailed enough for home play. The Call of Cthulhu scenario is set in the Spring of 2020 during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic but can easily be adapted to different times or locations. Something dangerous has dwelt in the Greely House for over a hundred years. Something unlike anything the ghost hunters have encountered before.
Residue of the Past includes:
- A 24-page fully-illustrated scenario set in New Hampshire in 2020 (or any modern day time period) near the first inland colony in the state.
-Information on the nearby towns of Brookline¸ Hollis¸ Milford¸ and Monson Center.
- Advice on scenarios set during the early COVID-19 Pandemic in the United States.
- Four fleshed-out Non-Player Characters as well as stats for three other groups that might appear in or near the house.
- Maps of the area near Monson Center¸ New Hampshire¸ and the Greely House¸ including blank maps for the players' use.
- A Timeline of strange events at the Greely House and background information on the group of ghost hunters who disappeared from the place in 1971.
- Thirteen handouts detailing the history of the area and the Greely House.
- An audio handout of a cassette tape and recorder found in the house.
- A brief synopsis of the Ghostlore investigators.
- NPC and investigator portraits to share with the players.
- Six Pregenerated investigators.