Full Fathom Five
A scenario by Paul Fricker.
You've been at sea for 13 months. There's salt in your beard¸ and weevils in your biscuits!
Taking inspiration from Moby Dick¸ Full Fathom Five puts the players aboard a whaling vessel in 1847. As the ship sails across the Pacific Ocean strange and terrible events unfold.
The scenario is intended for four to six players¸ with advice included for running with fewer (all the way down to one Keeper and one player). The game usually runs in a single intense session of play.
Full Fathom Five is designed for use with the 7th Edition Call of Cthulhu roleplaying game¸ and includes:
- Period character sheets designed specifically for this scenario;
- Pre-generated characters for your players;
- Black and white portraits for each of the 23 crew members;
- Deck plans (2);
- Crew rosters (one for the Keeper and one for the players);
- Player handouts;
- Advice on how to run and present the scenario;
- A black & white version;
- A separate file of handouts ready for you to print out at home.
Paul Fricker has co-written numerous books for Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition¸ including: Call of Cthulhu Keeper Rulebook¸ Investigator Handbook¸ Masks of Nyarlathotep¸ and Two-Headed Serpent. Paul's scenarios include Gatsby and the Great Race and Dockside Dogs.
"Fantastic game thoroughly enjoyed the proceedings. I felt that there was a real sense of inevitability about events but no loss of agency." - Lee Carnell¸ creator of http://dholeshouse.org