Red Star/Lone Star (T2000 v1)
One of the first things you learn when you join the army is not to believe 95% of everything you hear: New York is one big slab of glass...Oregon has seceded from the Union...giant mutant alligators have taken over the Everglades...the Martians have landed in New Jersey. So when we heard that the Russians had invaded Texas¸ we didn't give it much credence. There were Soviet troops in Alaska¸ sure...you can walk form Siberia to Alaskain the winter...but Texas? How did they get there...by disguising themselves as tourists¸ or what?
Red Star/Lone Star is a game module for use with GDW's World War III role-playing game¸ Twilight: 2000. The adventure deals with a group of American soldiers along the Texas gulf coast late in the year 2000¸ dealing with different factions vying for control of Texas as they try to rescue a kidnapped oilman and his wife.
Red Star/Lone Star contains:
* Descriptions of selected towns¸ villages¸ and encounters in the general area between San Antonio¸ Port Lavaca¸ and Brownsville¸ with encounter and rumor tables for each.
* A map of southern Texas.
* Maps of the environs of Brownsville and Corpus Christi.
* The plans for the Gulfwind Forty¸ an offshore oil platform which may figure in the adventure.
* A rundown of the location and strength of the Soviet¸ American and Mexican units in southern Texas.
* Details and specifications¸ in Twilight: 2000 terms¸ of the ERC-90 armored car and the VAB armored personnel carrier (French vehicles used by the Mexican army).