Ken Writes About Stuff Vol. 2 KWAS Vol. 2 is a collection of supplements written by master Lovecraftian writer and GUMSHOE guru Kenneth Hite. Discover hideous creatures¸ survive a Weird West horror campaign frame¸ or learn to command the powerful loa of voodoo in this collection of fear and fun!
In the ENnie-award winning Ken Writes About Stuff series¸ Kenneth Hite turns his considerable writing talents and encyclopedic knowledge of game design¸ history¸ the occult and all things Mythos to bear on new topics. From hideous creatures to GUMSHOE innovations¸ from Moon Dust Men to martial arts¸ Ken illuminates the dark corners of the genre with 4000-word supplements.
Each PDF includes a deep delve into some deeply weird topic¸ plus crunchy bits for your GUMSHOE game. If you're a fan of Suppressed Transmissions¸Trail of Cthulhu¸ Night's Black Agents¸ The Nazi Occult or Day After Ragnarok¸ KWAS is a must-have.
All episodes are available in epub¸ mobi and PDF format.
KWAS Vol. 2 features:
- Tomb-Hounds of Egypt. "God! … If only I had not read so much Egyptology before coming to this land which is the fountain of all darkness and terror!" All you need to know to forge a Pulp archaeology campaign set in 1930s Egypt - for Trail of Cthulhu or just GUMSHOE Bullwhips & Baboon-Mummies!
- GUMSHOE Zoom: Goëtia. Bifrons. Glasya-Labolas. Marchosias. Names to conjure with - literally! This GUMSHOE Zoom takes you inside the pentacle and introduces you to the hierarchy of Hell. Historical European demon-summoning magic just got easier and more realistic. Um … yay?
- Hideous Creatures: Rat-Things. "Witnesses said it had long hair and the shape of a rat¸ but that its sharp-toothed¸ bearded face was evilly human while its paws were like tiny human hands." Witch become rat¸ or thing become hyper-physicist? Familiar-ize yourself with Lovecraft's creepiest creation.
- Vendetta Run. You've done worse things¸ but you've never done anything as dangerous as angering the Earps. Because now they're coming to kill you. And they can't be killed. Not permanent¸ anyhow. A survival-horror frame for Fear Itself set in the worst and weirdest West.
- Hideous Creatures: Byakhee. "Apart from the curiously repellent feeling of human flesh under my hands¸ and furred wings¸ I was not able to ascertain what these creatures were like." Servants of Hastur or misperceived shantaks? Astral psychopomps or sidereal scavengers? Climb aboard the byakhee and find out!
- The School of Night. "Black is the badge of Hell; the hue of dungeons and the School of Night." Queen Elizabeth's realm lies vulnerable¸ not just to the Spanish or the plague¸ but to occult forces perhaps more dangerous than either. You study those forces at the risk of torture - at the risk of your soul - but you must hold them at bay or see England destroyed. This GUMSHOE campaign frame sets the PCs on the stage with John Dee¸ Christopher Marlowe¸ and Sir Walter Raleigh … and perhaps with traitors in their ranks.
- Hideous Creatures: Lloigor. "You make the usual mistake - of thinking of them as being like ourselves. They weren't." God or monster? Species or phenomenon? Dragon or disc - or discontinuity? Invisible¸ invulnerable¸ inexplicable - the vile vortices of the lloigor encompass all and care for nought.
- Xeno-Archaeology! "No other ancient city on Mars had been laid out in that manner; and the strange¸ many-terraced buttresses of the thick walls¸ like the stairways of forgotten Anakim¸ were peculiar to the prehistoric race that had b