An Accretion Disk forms around massive bodies in space. Gravity drags in random objects and debris¸ spinning them around and bringing them in closer and closer¸ faster and faster¸ hotter and hotter¸ until something explodes.
It holds true for stars and black holes - and for politics and crime¸ too.
And let's face it - you're the ones who are going to be standing in the path of that explosive release. Better get ready.
Accretion Disk is the expansion book for Ashen Stars ¸ the GUMSHOE gritty space opera game where PCs are Lasers¸ freelance troubleshooters and law enforcers operating in a remote sector called the Bleed¸ comes with colour deckplans and Hot Contract handouts. It also includes:
- Sample clues¸ special spend benefits¸ and added data on each Investigative ability. Learn how to use Kinetics to escape VR simulations¸ identify alien interference in pre-contact cultures¸ and trace viro-augmented criminals with endocrinological profiling.
- More options and tactics for general abilities¸ including species-specific ones. Master zero-g martial arts¸ detect weapons as they charge up¸ and acquire corporate sponsorship for your Laser team to boost your cash flow!
- Take your stations on board ship with options and tactics for each warpside and groundside role¸ then delve into player-drive Arcs and Drives. Guide your own destiny amid the guttering Ashen Stars.
- Explore new character options with six new playable species.
- Deckplans for every class of ship show you what it's like on board - and new ship options and bolt-ons open up tactics for ship-board adventures.
- When you hit dirtside¸ break out any of the dozens of new weapons¸ equipment items¸ cyberware or viroware - if you can afford the upkeep!
- Hot Contracts gives a roster of jobs that only a Laser crew can handle. Pick your own challenge hot off the Bleed¸ and get to work!
- Finally¸ twelve new hostile aliens ensure that the Bleed stays dark and bloody…
Praise for Ashen Stars:
"Nailed it - Just nailed it. I read through this book like it was a good novel. I've never called an RPG rulebook a page turner¸ but here it is! Great setting¸ engaging to read¸ and a smooth and polished system. Robin Laws continues to impress¸ and after seeing the final layout PDF¸ I have to say that Pelgrane has outdone themselves with this game. I cannot wait to have the physical thing in my hands (and the hands of my players!)"
"I'm going to big up the Pelgrane Posse."
"I have my PDF and I cannot say just how impressed I am with both the content¸ style and layout. Yet another beautifully written evolution of Gumshoe with a unique take on the genre¸ written by one of the best authors in the industry."
"On looks alone it puts products from other bigger companies to shame. I have a sense that I really have got my monies worth (and I haven't got the hardcopy yet) For a small publisher Pelgrane can flex some serious creative muscle."
"The bar hasn't just been raised¸ it's in a geo-stationary orbit"
"And congratulations on this game - I think it is destined to become a classic - This is the best sci-fi RPG I've ever read."