Eight Name-giving races dwell in the land of Barsaive¸ each with its own culture and traditions. Despite their differences¸ they are bound by shared experiences¸ beliefs and love for their land. Together they embody the heart and soul of Barsaive.
- "Dwarfs: stout and stubborn¸ the industrious dwarfs are the cultural and political leaders of Barsaive.
- "Elves: beings of deep feeling and spirituality¸ they seek to restore their culture's former glory.
- "Humans: having lived through a history of destruction and war¸ humans remain versatile enough to adapt to any situation.
- "Obsidimen: ancient beings of living rock¸ these stone giants are perhaps the oldest and most mysterious denizens of Barsaive.
- "Orks: passionate and savage¸ their love for life is surpassed only by their love for battle!
- "Trolls: bestial in appearance¸ these gargantuan mountain dwellers are both firce and honorable.
- "T'skrang: flamboyant¸ reptilian beings¸ whose swashbuckling bravado reflects their zest of life.
- "Windlings: small¸ winged beings whose passion for change makes them mischievous and unpredictable.
The Name-giver's Compendium offers an in-depth look at the eight Name-giver races¸ and provides extended information on fifteen new Disciplines¸ new talents and talent knacks¸ as well as special rules for playing each race. Requires the Player's and Gamemaster's Compendiums to use.