Optional Game Mechanics
So you bought BESM Fourth Edition and have played a few games but you find yourself looking for more complex combat mechanics but can't wait for Extras to come out? This is the product for you!
After making the Character Spreadsheets to help you build your character (see )¸ I've been working on some optional rules and mechanics to help Game Masters and players enhance their gameplay experience for those who are looking to do more with the BESM 4th edition system.
These are not official rules or mechanics¸ they are rather suggestions for Game Masters to use for their games.
Included in this book is:
- Conditions (Blinded¸ Grappled¸ Incapacitated¸ and more)
- Optional Actions (like Hiding¸ Searching¸ Dodging)
- Combat Mechanics (like Flanking¸ Fighting with Two Weapons¸ Grappling)
- Adventuring Mechanics (like Travel pace¸ Holding your breath¸ Falling damage)
*Update v1.1 changes*
- A new called shot to reduce armour
- Ranged weapon effective range
- Lightning conditions
- Aim action
- Added a table of contents
- Death and Healing Attribute section: increased bleeding out and brain dead time
- Grappling: Specified that it requires an attack roll with the attack action
This book was created before the release of BESM Extras without the knowledge of the details of what BESM Extras will contain¸ any similarity is coincidental.
Please consider purchasing the BESM Extras book when it releases to support the official creators!