The Posse (BRP)
THE BOYD GANG HAS ROBBED THE 11:10 TO SANTAQUIN!
Word is out and the populace of the small Mormon Utah town is ready to do something about the robbery. However¸ the county sheriff has already gotten a posse together in nearby Provo¸ so it looks like the residents of Santaquin will sit this one out. When a young rider comes into town with news of the bandits nearby¸ the town marshal decides to get some men of his own and go after them¸ into the badlands of northeastern Utah.
Can a party of well-armed townsfolk and a few strangers capture the Boyd Gang before they disappear into the wilderness?
The Posse is a fleshing out of one of the hooks in The Last Valley and that scenario is required for play. It's for Call of Cthulhu and set in the summer of 1875. With only a little modification it can be adapted to different times or places. This scenario can be used as the hook for The Last Valley or played as a sequel to that product.
The Posse includes:
- A 12-page fully-illustrated scenario set in the Uinta Basin of Utah in 1875 using one of the hooks from The Last Valley.
- Five fleshed-out Non-Player Characters and potential allies or foils¸ as well as six other generic posse members and bandits¸ and stats for average horses.
- A map of the ancient and long-lost serpent person city of Zuriss in the Permian Era.
- NPC and investigator portraits to share with the players.
- Six Pregenerated Down Darker Trails investigators.
NOTE: THE LAST VALLEY IS REQUIRED TO PLAY THIS SCENARIO AND INCLUDES A UTAH MAP¸ CREATURE STATS¸ BACKGROUND¸ AND FURTHER INFORMATION ON THE SURROUNDING AREA NECESSARY TO USE THIS PRODUCT. THE SCENARIO CANNOT BE AS EFFECTIVELY PLAYED WITHOUT IT.