Magic World (BRP)
Fantasy Roleplaying in Worlds of Epic Adventure
Curumir wiped blood from a gash over his eye as he peered through the fog and gloom of the pine woods. Storm clouds were gathering¸ casting a deathly darkness over the boughs surrounding him. The sweet smell of sap filled his head. If he weren't fleeing for his life¸ the place would almost seem pleasant.
He'd been hounded for days¸ and his pursuers were gaining ground. A vast cracking noise split the darkness¸ and a huge inhuman monstrosity¸ slimy grey skin mottled with black scales¸ charged out of the dim wood. A great snarl erupted from the beast's tusked maw as a group of ragged-clothed bandits rushed up behind it.
"Give up the staff¸ wizard" growled the leader¸ inching forward¸ gripping a poisoned blade in one gnarled fist.
Curumir muttered an oath¸ and stepped forward. Eldritch flames instantly leapt up the length of his blade¸ casting a greenish glow across his attackers.
"There will be blood spilled tonight¸ Ranalf" Curumir spat at the bandit king. "But it will not be mine."
With a cry¸ Curumir rushed forward...
Enter a world of fantastic adventure¸ where your destiny is limited only by your imagination. Where powerful sorcerers manipulate the very essence of reality¸ and where warriors decide the fate of kingdoms with blade and spear. A world of magic¸ myth¸ and menace... a MAGIC WORLD!
MAGIC WORLD is a self-contained fantasy roleplaying game using the classic Basic Roleplaying system. The game allows you to play characters in a world of fantasy¸ adventure¸ and excitement. The rules of MAGIC WORLD are simple to grasp¸ while having enough options and complexity to suit any gaming style. Characters grow in experience organically¸ without relying on artificial constructs such as classes¸ levels¸ etc. Any sort of fantasy character you can imagine¸ you can play. MAGIC WORLD contains:
- Full rules for creating characters in a world of magic and fantasy.
- A robust magic system with nearly one hundred spells. Any character may become a spell caster with the right combination of raw talent¸ and training!
- Detailed¸ yet streamlined skills and combat rules.
- Complete rules for nautical adventures.
- A bestiary of more than sixty creatures to use as foes for the characters¸ or as the characters themselves! Play as any species imaginable: Human¸ Elf¸ Orc¸ Centaur¸ Troll¸ Talking Beast¸ and more!
- Gamemaster advice¸ and resources.
- A gallery of enchanted items which might be found in your characters adventures.
- A complete sample campaign setting¸ "the Southlands"¸ to jump start your adventures.
- And more!