Cityographer Modern City Map Icons (Any Editor)
Want to flesh out a modern city for your game? Include this set of 200 city map images including 125 building icons/symbols in your image library! Art by the amazing artist/cartographer Keith Curtis.
You may publish maps using these icons--see the license below. Full list of buildings is also noted below.
Each image is a transparent PNG so it can be imported into many image and map editors¸ including Cityographer . (It has a paid version and a free version which limits how many custom map items you may import¸ number of residents it will auto-generate and a few other minor options.) Smaller buildings (houses¸ small shops) are generally around 200x200pixels. Other buildings are larger.
To use them in Cityographer¸ unzip the file anywhere you'd like on your computer. (Perhaps create a cityographer folder.) Then when starting a new map¸ change the "use default map items" drop-down to "override map items" and use the adjacent file chooser to browse to the "___-mapitems.properties" file in the unzipped folder.
Full size samples:
List of images included:
Also included: Bus Stops¸ Fountains¸ Mailboxes¸ Parking Lots¸ Swimming Pools and more!
- The licensee may not use the art in another stock art/clip art product.
- The licensee may modify the images.
- The art may not be included in a program that makes maps or games. It can be added to the program by the end-user who purchases it him/herself.
- The art can appear in advertisements for products which use the image.
- If distributing a product with the art¸ the artist and product must be credited in your product as follows: 'Some map icons from [product name] by artist Keith Curtis via Inkwell Ideas.' (Replace product name with the name of the icon set you're using. ; If using multiple¸ list them separated by commas.)
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Look for Inkwell Ideas on Patreon to get more map icons every month. Plus make suggestions and vote in polls.