Hero Games - Matt Forbeck - Western Hero" is the Western sourcebook for the Hero System¸ providing enough information to run Western adventures in either the historical or the fictional Wild West. From lassoing a wild stallion to sliding a low-down cowpoke down the bar and through a window¸ it's all here. Use "Western Hero" as a supplement for your existing Hero game¸ or start your own Western campaign.
"Western Hero" includes:
- Extensive guidelines and optional rules for Western-style maneuvers and combat.
- Suggestions and guidelines for creating Western-style characters¸ including many new package deals¸ advantage and disadvantage options¸ and more.
- A Western Sourcebook containing a timeline¸ a bestiary¸ descriptions and statistics for equipment and weapons¸ and pages of information on the Wild West.
- A complete campaign setting based on the Western town of Deadwood.
- Two complete scenarios¸ numerous other adventure ideas¸ and plenty of advice for creating and running your own Western adventures and campaigns.
- Dozens of Western NPCs¸ including many historical figures such as Wild Bill Hickock¸ Calamity Jane¸ Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.
- Layouts and descriptions for two Western towns¸ the OK Corral¸ a 1800s train¸ a bar¸ and other Western locations.