Mecha vs Kaiju: Steam and Steel - A Steampunk Supplement for Fate Core/Condensed
This product is compatable with Fate Core and Fate Condensed!
The Power of Steam¸ The Strength of Steel
It is an age of technological miracles. The scientists of London's Royal Society have uncovered the secrets of steam power¸ steel machines¸ and the biological and mental mechanisms of life itself. The mind of man stretches beyond the physical and into the metaphysical. It is there¸ in the dimensions beyond man's five senses¸ that dwell the Vril. And only the Steam Knights of the Royal Society can fight the power of the Vril Hussars from the Hollow Earth!
This supplement contains enough setting material to please any fan of the genre:
- A system-neutral Victorian Steampunk setting¸ usable for any role-playing system. This setting features a timeline of the scientific developments of the Victorian era; the major conspiracies and secret societies of the time¸ such as the 13 Illuminati bloodlines that control the world; and multiple role-playing options for Her Imperial Majesty Victoria and Prince Consort Albert¸ as either heroes or villains. The author has strived to keep this setting historically accurate while still making it easily accessible to players and gamemasters.
- Details on the Vril¸ serpent-man scientific sorcerers from the Hollow Earth dimension. These "secret masters” pull the strings of the Masons¸ Illuminati¸ and dozens of other diabolical forces in the world.
- Steampunk versions of historical figures such as the two great Charleses¸ Darwin and Babbage¸ Countess Ida Lovelace¸ and the Royal Society of scientists¸ united as "Her Majesty's Steam Knights”.
- Campaign seeds and ideas for gamemasters¸ such as using this setting as an alternate time-travel scenario or exploring how our modern world diverges due to the presence of steam technology
For fans of "Mecha vs Kaiju” and the Fate Core system¸ there is a wealth of additional information:
- Statblocks for famous historical figures¸ fictional Victorian figures (Dr. Moreau and his Beast Men¸ Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde¸ the beheaded "Man Who Would Be King”)¸ and the evil Vril sorcerers¸ plus their warriors and dinosaur mounts.
- "Blood Magic” rules for magical rituals.
- Fate Organization rules for Anarchists¸ Freemasons¸ and the Royal Society.
- A Steampunk Computer skill
- A Gadgeteer stunt tree granting characters the ability to build¸ customize¸ and repair extraordinary devices.
- Fate Core and Mecha vs Kaiju rules for "Steam-Powered Extras”.
- MvK rules for Wheeled or Treaded vehicles and mecha.
- MvK stats for steam-powered mecha and vehicles.