House of Bards - A World of Adventure for Fate Core
In House of Bards¸ the kingdom of Costracinni exists in a constant state of war. And war means turmoil¸ but for the ambitious back on the home front¸ that’s just another word for opportunity. Can you work the backrooms and stuff the ballot-boxes to get what you want? Play as an ambitious elven councilmember trying to get in good with the Emperor¸ an idealistic halfling candidate trying to break into the big time¸ or a human reporter trying to uncover the truth behind the news.
Now is the time to act! But many things stand in your way—rival factions¸ scheming politicos¸ and most dangerously… your friends. Swords and sorcery collide with politics and punditry in this political drama meets high fantasy by Dave Chalker of Critical-Hits.com and the Cortex Plus Hacker’s Guide.
House of Bards requires Fate Core to play. This 44-page supplement includes:
- Character creation hacks that maximize political conflict¸ including a random generation system
- Skill set adjustments that maximize Fate for a politically motivated campaign
- Setting rules that help to create political intrigue and build upon it through the course of a campaign
- Useful tools for political campaigns¸ including a social stress track and new rules for player-versus-player compels
- A series of vignettes and sample characters to help get you started
Welcome to the House of Bards¸ where it’s always important to watch your back.