Rifts is a multi-genre role-playing game that captures the imagination unlike any other. Elements of magic¸ horror¸ and the supernatural co-exist with science¸ high technology and the ordinary. The game spans countless dimensions¸ making anything and everything possible. Players are truly limited only by their imaginations!
Rifts Ultimate Edition will be a completely rewritten and updated version of the original game played and enjoyed by an estimated 1.5 million gamers.
Not exactly a Second Edition¸ because most of the rules will remain unchanged¸ Rifts Ultimate Edition is expanded and improved. There will be more world information¸ tips on how to use the time-line and World Books¸ rewrites on O.C.C.s¸ and in some cases¸ expansions of and more details on O.C.C.s such as the Headhunter¸ Mercenaries¸ the Techno-Wizard and Shifter¸ as well as a few new O.C.C.s. Our goal is to make Rifts more exciting and compelling than ever¸ while at the same time making the rules better organized¸ clearer and easier to use. The wonder and infinite possibilities of Rifts all brought to pulse-pounding life like never before. Of course¸ there will be a few fun changes and additions¸ but nothing so dramatic as to make the 40+ available sourcebooks obsolete.
August 2005 will be the release date! Appearing in stores and at Gen Con Indy around the same time¸ almost exactly 15 years to the day the original Rifts® RPG made its debut.
* Collectors looking to snag a copy of Rifts® Ultimate Edition’s first printing should do so quickly¸ as we expect the demand to be heavy. Serious collectors may also want to get the signed and numbered Gold Limited Edition. Approximately 30 unique Occupational and Racial Character Classes¸ including Cyber-Knights¸ cyborgs¸ Glitter Boys¸ Psi-Stalkers¸ Dog Boys (mutant humanoid dogs)¸ Juicers¸ Crazies¸ Techno-Wizards¸ Ley Line Walkers¸ Mystics¸ Shifters¸ Elemental Fusionists¸ Mind Melters¸ and many others.
* Supernatural and magical creatures¸ like dragons¸ available as player characters¸ others are horrifying menaces from the Rifts.
* Bionics and cybernetics offer a vast range of mechanical augmentation¸ meanwhile chemical enhancement (Juicers) and brain implants (Crazies) can turn a human into a superman¸ though with tragic results.
* Psychic powers are the source of the Burster¸ Mind Melter and Mystic’s abilities.
* Strange forms of magic are at the command of characters like the Ley Line Walker¸ Shifter¸ Elemental Fusionist¸ Rifter and Techno-Wizard (who combine magic and technology).
* Super-technology with Mega-Damage™ body armor¸ energy weapons¸ rail guns¸ power armor¸ and human augmentation.
* The Coalition States. Humankind's salvation¸ or its own worst nightmare?
* Character sheets.